AE100 Roof Mount

A

Amelia

I had a number of question in regards to my PJ mount that I made. What I have done, is create an illustustration that should clarify how it all goes together.

I hope you find it useful and can improve on the design.

Here is the link

Best Regards
Amelia

Nice one, Amelia - I've since been looking for any ports that look like that, but the only ones I can find here in the UK have too narrow a flange - I'll have to keep looking. Any suggestions, UK people?

looks good m8 but make sure you leave enough room to remove the filter which needs to be cleaned every 100 hours, i made that mistake and when i tried to get the filter out for cleaning it would not come out so i had to bring the projector down to reomve the filter which is a pain

Excellent idea ....

Damn my problem is that i use my panny in two different rooms!, One has to be low level so i put it on a small table, but the other room i need a hig shelf and to play it upside down. I was thinking about trying to convert a VHS Video rack that you can get to hold the video recorder on the wall and use it for the panny so that it holds it upside down. I need something that i can easily remove the panny from.

Hey do you think there will be a problem to keep playing the panny right side up and up side down at different intervals?

Nice work (and excellent pics) but oh, what a disappointment: as soon as I saw the heading of your thread, my mind starting racing with all the possibilities of mounting a projector on the roof - pictures on the clouds, a la the Bat Signal! Movies on the front of the house opposite! Weird keystoned images on my back lawn!

And then you go and spoil it all by telling us that your projector's actually on the ceiling...

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Ok Bert this one is just for you

funnyhouse.jpg

Best Regards
Amelia ;)

Amelia,

Thank you so much for the picture. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made it: I just see a blank rectangle with a cross in it...

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Hi Amelia,

When I click on the new link I get the message "You do not have access to this document."

I guess it just isn't meant to be...

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

OK . . . The house isn't mine, but the PJ is and as far as scale goes . . . well I guess that could also be out a little :D

Best Regards
Amelia

Here's my take on Amelia's mount....
Couldn't find any port tubes with the nice wide flanges, so when rooting around my workshop, I came across a couple of spare Ikea kitchen unit legs. A bit narrow, but nice and strong....

ceiling_mount1.jpg

Drilled 4 small holes in the "foot" end, and used No. 6 screws into the MDF base I've fabricated. Tested its strength by giving it a good hard pull - seems solid.

Now, as you can see, the other end has an internal thread, which the height adjustment goes in to (as shown by the one on the right). I've cut the slight flange off the end of the threaded section, and BINGO! I can join the 2 legs together, with a flange at either end. Used some Solvent Weld to fix the threaded section in to one of the legs to it ensures a decent amount of thread in each, and we're sorted. If anyone's interested, I'll stick another pic up when it's complete - currently half painted, so it looks a mess.

The only down side to this bracket is that the tube is too slim to fit a VGA plug down it, so I'm thinking of using some wider tube to cover both the cables and the black legs, that will just sit over them both.
The length of the whole bracket works out at about 25cm - we're going to be sitting a fair way back (15' or so), and the ceiling isn't too high, so I'm happy with the screen to be at that kind of height.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom