1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100/Prov and RED smudging

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lampshuk, May 21, 2003.

1. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a ProV tuner/doubler to drive the PC/RGB input of my AE100 and the video quality is in general excellent (subjectively better than using the S-Video straight from the DVD player into the PJ).

The only niggle is that bright red often ends up "smudging" a bit. I've fiddled around with various saturation settings but reducing it snough to eliminate the smearing makes the picture look quite cold.

Anybody got any suggestions? Would composite video give superior results?

Lampsh.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Lampshuk,

If you do a search on "ProV" here on the forum, you'll unearth a thread with a discussion of settings for the ProV. I don't recall having a problem with colour reproduction from the ProV, I reckon that some more tweaking with the settings should see you right.

All the best,

Sean G.

3. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmmm I haven`t experienced this with my set up (Ae100 and Pro V.

Have you tried adjusting the colours on both Pro v and the projector through same input?

I cant think of any thing else unless its a fault somewhere, hope you sort it