AE100, pro v and Black levels

Walter mitty

Standard Member
Hi,

I just wondered how any of you other panny owners are doing on the black level side of things. I have a Pro v and found turning the Pro v brightness down a touch, rather than the projectors, made a remarkable difference to mine.

My wife and I can`t understand what the fuss is about, as far as we are concerned our blacks are black.

Is it just us?

K

Kramer

Originally posted by Walter mitty
My wife and I can`t understand what the fuss is about, as far as we are concerned our blacks are black.

Is it just us?

Probably :D

Joking aside, it's a relative thing.

What's considered excellent by some will be considered unacceptable by others.

If you've seen a good CRT's black level, then you would have more information with which to make a subjective decision (assuming you haven't).

No projector can project black as black is the total absence of light.

I don't think there's much fuss about the AE-100's "black level". It's OK for an LCD PJ, but I'd personally prefer a lot better in this dept.

Try this: when displaying what should be a blach screen, put your hand in front of the PJ (near the screen).

Is the shadow cast by your hand darker than the surrounding screen? It must be or else there would be no shadow!

Walter mitty

Standard Member
Ah Ha thanx I`ll try that, and yes my mate has a Barco and guess what he wants a Panny now

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom