1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 - Picture Menu Not Working?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jaruzel, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Jaruzel

Jaruzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My setup:

AE100 and Pro-V

My Problem:

I use the AE100 via the VGA input. It is connected to the Pro-V which is outputting XGA.

On the AE100's Picture Menu, It reports that the input is indeed XGA.

Everything was fine until I decided to play with a borrowed FL-D filter, which is when I discovered that most of the settings on the Picture Menu don't do anything. Brightness, Contrast, and the RGB sliders do not change the picture AT ALL. However, Picture mode works, as does colour temp.

Now, I can't use a FL-D if I can't re-balance the colour, but I see that several people on this forum are happily using FL-Ds and AE100s.

So my question is? Is my Projector Broken ? Or is most of the Picture Menu supposed to be non-functional when using an XGA input ?

Cheers,

-Jaruzel.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Jaruzel,

The picture adjustment controls do change when the AE100 is dealing with a computer generated signal - you should still have brightness, contrast and sharpness, and they should still work.... in addition you should have access to the White balance - these are the R, G, and B comtrols - I assume this is what you refer to as RGB sliders.

You also have access to picture controls in the ProV - these affect the signal going to the projector. If you do a search on the forum you'll find a few threads with peoples settings posted.

You should see changes to the picture using these controls - try maxing brightness and look at the result on blacks.

Using the FL-D, you should be rebalancing the colour from your projector by increasing the green and blue in the white balance - this compensates for the fact that the FL-D suppresses these but leaves Red unaltered - by increasing the G and B you get better contrast.

Hope this helps,

Sean G.