1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 - new fault?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mca, Jul 14, 2003.

1. mca

mca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Just got my AE100 from Komplettt and noticed a problem straight away. The very top part of the display has a darker blue/purple tinge and the bottom a yellow tinge. Most annoying when playing a 1.85:1 film or displaying Windows on the PC.

There's some pictures here, here and here.

(And before anyone asks - I'm projecting it onto a temporary surface until I get a proper screen, it's just sheets of white tractor feed printer paper but does the job.)

It's there when I use s-video from my Tosh DVD player and the 15-pin d-sub analogue connection on my PC. Any thoughts? Is this a 'new' fault? I'll contact Komplett first and see what they say but otherwise Panasonic might know more.

Otherwise I well impressed with the picture that is produced by the PC input. The s-video input leaves a bit to be desired.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mike,

That doesn't look right at all - I'd get on to Komplett for an RMA and get them to send you another one. At a guess it doesn't look like a panel alignment problem - more like damage to the optics or a fault with the prism. One way or another, it shouldn't look like that "out of the box". I'd go for a replacement from Komplett rather than getting on to Panasonic.

Hope you get sorted,

Sean G.

3. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    MCA,

I have to admit when I read the thread title and then started reading your post, my first thought was that if you did a search on the forum you would find this isn't a 'new fault' (colour uniformity issue etc etc). I'm sorry for doubting you mate! :D I loaded up your pics and OMG, that is 'new'! :D I'd agree with Sean on all points. Thats nasty! I can't envisage you having any problems getting a new unit from either Komplett or Panasonic. Theres quite obviously something very wrong with your PJ and they'll probably sort you out no questions asked.

4. mca

mca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks all, just filled out the returns form over at Komplett. No doubt it'll be a while before I get another one :(

It's a real shame because otherwise I'm really impressed with it.