AE100 lamp replacement wanted

Splice

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can source a "sensibly Priced" replacement lamp, i have seen the lamp module at prices ranging from £169 right upto £440 !!! I was going to buy the lower priced one but was told that they had been on back order since november.and they were then promptly removed from there site I would imagine that theres a few people out there that are also soon going to want another lamp replacement or just have one as a spare, especially as it seems that they seem harder to locate than bin laden. maybe now is the time to find the best prices. I have scoured the internet but aint having no joy :confused:Can anyone come up with a decent price. :rolleyes:

By the way i am at 1820 hours (in low life Mode) just in case you were wondering.

All the Best.......Splice ;)

Cheers for the reply mate, anyone seen them cheaper. and also does anyone know if there is anywhere that you can actually pick one up from without this "several week" delay that seems so common with these lamps. That way you could wait till the lamp go's and then go pick yourself up a brand new One. Judging by your case peterweg it may not be long before mine bites the dust.

All the best.....Splice;)

227inc vat is the cheapest I've seen it the UK. Ive seen it nearer to 400. Its much cheaper in the US but I don't think panasonic USA will ship it to the UK.

Pricejapan have this for the AE300:

Additional lamp unit(model No. ET-LAE100) is $256 (30000 Yen), including EMS shipping cost.

I remember reading somewhere the AE100 and 300 use the same bulb.

You'll have allow for the possibility of VAT on top of that price, but could be worth a look. They usually gets stuff out in a few days.

-- Jon

There seems to be a lot of people who's lamps have popped at 2000 hrs even on low. Just wondering if those people had accessed the hidden menu and put the fan on high with the lamp on low. Is this going to significantly extend lamp life?

There seems to be a lot of people who's lamps have popped at 2000 hrs even on low. Just wondering if those people had accessed the hidden menu and put the fan on high with th lamp on low. Is this going to significantly extend lamp life?

The 2000 hours is the lamp life in high mode. If you run it in low, its actually more like the 5000 hours quoted. In other words it takes 2.5hours to add 1hour to the counter. Other things would affect the rate as well (heat cycles, for instance).

Hi,

Not sure I follow You. You said you got to 2200 or something in low power mode. Does the counter actually only add 1 hour every 2.5? In other words have you had your pj on for 5000 hrs?

Yes, Ive had it on for 5000hours.

In other words it takes 2.5hours to add 1hour to the counter. Other things would affect the rate as well (heat cycles, for instance).

I suspect that the above is mistaken.

The AE100 Service Screen shows two sets of figures for the lamp hours - one set for the lamp cumulative usage time, which counts hours in real-time, and one set for the lamp cumulative usage time (normal mode conversion time) which converts the figures in the first set and shows them as if they were all in normal mode.

Yes, Ive had it on for 5000hours

This statement is heroic........... 5000 hrs is 12 hour a day, 7 days a week for 14 months........... ~I suspect that a misinterpretation of the lamp counter mode may be misleading you - or else you really have logged 5000 actual hours, in which case we'd love to see a screenshot of the service menu, like Calibos' one in this thread. 5000 hours...... any effect on the LCD panels ?

Sean G.

did anyone have any luck with bulbs?

Mine has just gone and im looking for a cheap one

Is there knowhere Cheaper than that Tim?

I have hardly any money at all to spend so it couldnt have gone at a worse time

Mr. Coopz,

Thats not such a bad price (bugger all use when you're stony tho - I know..) Komplett are quoting £347.96 - here - I reckon that panasonic price is about the cheapest going at the moment.

Seeya,

Sean G.

Originally posted by MrCoopz
Is there knowhere Cheaper than that Tim?

Also at £269 showing at Tectronics in stock click

They're not cheap are they :eek:

TBH, at "normal" useage, say 20/30 hours per week, how many owners will fork out big money for replacement lamps in 2/3 years time?

Chances are newer (& better) PJs will be available for not much more than the cost of replacement parts for ageing AE100s.

580hrs on my HS10 since last December so should be looking for a cheap lamp sometime in 2005 :p

Anyone find an AE100 lamp for < £200??

Entries submitted, on a postcard to....

Kramer's gonna give a prize to the first member to find an AE100 lamp for less than 200 yoyos,
P.O.Box: AE 100 <£200

:hiya:

I have had My AE100 for a year and £269 is better than a £1500 AE300

:)

AE200 little over £1k ATM - a better PJ with 0 hours :p

In 18 months I reckon £600 will buy a new PJ with far better performance than the AE100.

£256 for a lamp doesn't look so attractive in this instance now does it?

;)

F,

£256 for a lamp doesn't look so attractive in this instance now does it?

Do you mean in the context of £600 projectors in 18 months time (??) or on the basis that an AE200 is about £1000 now ?

Spending £1000 for a new projector, as opposed to getting a new lamp for £256 (or whatever...) doesn't make sense when, to quote Mr. Coopz:

It is true that average viewing times would probably mean upgrade time would come around before 5000 hrs, but if a lamp fails earlyish in ownership, compared to the estimated bulb life, scrapping the projector isn't an option for most mortals.

That said, a few weeks back, Komplett were quoting the AE100 for a little less that twice the price of a replacement lamp - can't recall exact figures - but I reckon that was an aberration due to them clearing AE100s.

Coopz,

hope you get more joy at finding a lamp at a better price.

Sean G.

Hiya Sean.

I guess what I'm saying is that spending say £250 on a replacement lamp for a £2/3k PJ doesn't seem so bad. 10/15% of the initial cost is fair enough.

However, spending 25/30% or even 45% (recent AE100 price from Komplett) of the initial cost of a PJ seems rather excessive.

Lamp prices should be on a par with PJ costs to a degree. Why would someone spending £600/700 on a PJ spend upwards of £300 2/3/4 years down the line?

Spend £3000+ initially & £300 isn't such a bad deal.

Given the recent trend in cheaper (& better) PJs & the pretty equal lamp replacement costs irrespective of PJ value/cost, I'd say that manufacturers are looking at selling new PJs rather than service "older" models.

Pretty much "buy this PJ & replace it when it needs a new lamp" type policy. Certainly that's my impression with regard to the "budget" end of the market.

All this reasoning doesn't take into account other issues such as the PJ itself actually deteriorating over time.

If a HS10 replacement lamp was 25/30/30% of the replacement cost, it would be a moot point, but it's on a par with an AE100 replacement lamp.

In 18 months time when many will be looking for lamps etc... will they consider £256 etc.. a worthwhile investment given what's available (& at what price) at that time?

I think you get my point ;)

i get your point but the AE100 is doin me proud so i dont see the problem in buying a new Lamp

theres no way im spending £1000+ only a year after i spent £1500.

Im not in the posititon to upgrade everyyear although i would like too :)

Kramer i want a prize :)

i have found PTAE100 lamps for £164.29

:clap:

Great goin' Coopz, tell where................

Sean G.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom