AE100 lamp price.

Timh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed av-sales last night for a quote on a replacement lamp for the Panasoinc PT-AE100, heres their reply

Thank you for your email; I am pleased to enclose pricing based on a
purchase of the following;

1. Lamp module for the Panasonic PT-AE100 projector @£235.00inc.VAT
2. Delivery charge @£5.00inc.VAT

Not as cheap as we thought then :( It was said to be about £160 when the AE100 first came out.
Has anyone had a better quote?

Considering most peeps wont need a new bulb for 2 - 3 years then I dont think the price is that bad.

AV-Sales seems to be an expensive place, judging by their AE100 price (which no long includes a pixel check AFAIK). Charging £5 delivery is a bit steep considering the lamp is small and weighs almost nothing.

Why do these lamps cost so much anyway? I was amazed when I saw how simple the lamp is. Even paying £100 seems expensive when you hold it in your hand.

Perhaps some kind company will start producing clone pj lamps like the clone inkjet cartridge market. Then prices will tumble.

Well I've put 1300+ hours on mine since April so I think I'll be needing one a lot sooner than 2 or 3 years! I'll probably need one come January or March. Its a little disappointing to see that the bulb prices are a little bit steeper than I thought but IMO its still worth the money for all the enjoyment I've gotten out of it. Never mind the movies or sporting events but playing Rogue Leader on Gamecube on a 7ft screen is just awesome!

Calibos, I thought I was in the lead!!!

I had 1040 hours on mine when it went off for repair 2 weeks ago.

On the subject of my repair, I was told by my dealer that it would be a further 7-14 days. Apparently, Panasonic have ordered a "part" for it.

I have some serious catching up to do on its return.

Originally posted by Timh
1. Lamp module for the Panasonic PT-AE100 projector @£235.00inc.VAT

Hi Tim,

£235 at todays rate works out to $658AUD. When I asked about Lamp Price, I was told $900AUD, which works out to about £321. If you guys can get it for £160 then I will purchase from the UK!!, but then again I should have around 4980hrs to go (fingers crossed).

Best Regards
Amelia

Well I've put 1300+ hours on mine since April
:eek: and I thoght I was doing well on 500 hours.
4.5 years to go :D
Lets say my projector has a life of 10 years, I then only need to buy a lamp in 4.5 years time, which meens I only ever need to by one lamp :D

I wonder how good front projectors will be in 10 years :eek:

calibos - you have a US gamecube and are running progressive component to the panny, right? Not composite surely?

Originally posted by richard plumb
calibos - you have a US gamecube and are running progressive component to the panny, right?

I don't think so. Composite me thinks :eek:

Its a Pal gamecube via composite. It doesn't look that bad actually. Better than my Pal PS2 via composite anyway.

i think that games from PS2 looks pretty good on ae100 - through HTCP & DScaler 4 combo - great application BTW. now I am playing FFX on my 80'' screen - great experience, great graphics, great story... :D . the game is almost in 16x9 format - so it need to be letterboxed. i tried to play FFX on my small 25'' TV (thorugh RGB input) - the game looses so much that it is unplayable for me. my only complaint regarding to PQ on ae100e is some noise from my cheap S-video cable.

happy viewing

:D

AnD

my only complaint regarding to PQ on ae100e is some noise from my cheap S-video cable.
Try reducing the sharpness, I found it helped with my setup.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom