Ae100 in celing mode on shelf

ChrisAllenFiz

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember several people having thier AE100s shelf mounted on a high shelf with celing mode on. Can people with this set up give me an idea of what sort of depth of shelf is required, and also how they have kept the buttons from being pressed whilst mounted?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

I think you will find that they fitted it under a shelf upside down, this way there would not be a problem with the buttons being accidently pressed.

Any reason why you want it on a shelf?

I have gone for ceiling mount but found the most aesthetic solution was to use a board (I used MDF) with 4 holes drilled through it and then M4 bolts screwed into the PJ to connect.

As for depth my 'board' was approx 280mm x 230mm (WxD) so I assume it will need to be of this order plus about 75 - 100mm clearance at the rear for the cabling.

The power switch (not standby) is only accesible from the rear though so to reach this you would have to move (and hence lose focus) the pj.

HTH
Tim

Hmm, I think the celing mounts look a bit ugly, and given that this room still has to be a guest bedroom as well, I wanted it as unobtrusive as possible. Mounting under a shelf is one idea I suppose

Chris

I agree that the ceiling mount is not *the latest* in home decor stlye...

But for many there will be no choice due to the very short throw of the panny - at the back wall I was getting a > 9ft screen on min zoom - scary

I reckon a shelf (with brackets wide enough apart for panny to slot in - or invisible brackets) with it mounted on the underside would be good. My only small concern about that would be ventilation as you have created a pretty good heat trap. Perhaps make the shelf out of some material with holes (like fretwork ?)

Tim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom