1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 + Dreamcast = awesome

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bluecgi, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Bluecgi

Bluecgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure some of you have already seen the thread in the avsforum about the DC and the AE100, I didn't believed it, until today..

I just tested out the DC with a VGA adaptor hooked to the AE100 tonight, and wow, the pic quality is awesome! and I am using a crappy white wall as my screen & the default settings! the difference is night and day compared to when I was using a S-video cable! the picture looks as good as it's on a smaller CRT tv, if not better. It seems a lot brighter and much more crisp, now the screendoor is almost gone even when I focus it to the sharpest, while it was very noticeable before today.

my DC & the game is both PAL, does anyone know if the picture I got was PAL progressive or interlaced?

man I wish the DC could play DVDs. I have tried the PS2, but it's so bad it's almost unwatchable (though before this I thought it looked good!), about half the quality of the DC with VGA box.

I haven't tried HTPC yet, as my video card is crap, I need to get a Radeon card, but is the HTPC's pic a lot better than even the DC? if so hook me up!

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    mmm!

PAL should still be progressive if you get a VGA picture. It'll still be outputting 640x480.

Have you tried anything that supports widescreen, like Ferrari F355? Is that VGA compatible? It'd be nice to know if it can support the wide VGA mode of the AE100.

3. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi,

after seeing avsforum threads, I have been considering this, which vga connector did you buy, and where from?

The hometheaterforum.com is a good forum for gaming hardware - there are threads on there listing which consoles/games support prog scan, widescreen, etc.

4. Bluecgi

Bluecgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the VGA box from Lik-sang.com, only $25 Australian Dollars, what a bargin!

richard : I don't have F355 or any other wide screen DC games at the moment, will let you know when I get my hands on some.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DC looks amazing on the AE100 - I have to agree.

F355 looks, and plays, absolutely brilliant!!