AE100 Demos in London?

MJS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've searched the forum, the mags etc.. it seems that the decent hi-fi and av dealers only deal in the top-end projectors. Does anybody know where I can get a good AE100 demo by people who know what they're talking about anywhere in London - I'm prepared to travel. I've been following the whole AE100 thing for a while now and it sounds like it's ideal for my needs (assuming it stays working that is...)

Many thanks, Mark.

P.S assuming there is somewhere, does a small group want to descend en masse for a demo?

Go to HiSpek Electronics in St Albans. Could be a bit of a journey, but very near M25/M1 intersection. They have a good handful of pj's to compare against each other in a big demo room. I was going to buy a Sony VPLHS1 but was convinced that the Panasonic PTAE100 was superior in terms of value for money (surprise).

Thanks for that info. I will check them out sometime. I should also be going to the AV show at Heathrow next week, hopefully there should be some good projectors to view in action.

I'm in Bethnal Green E2, your most welcome to view mine anytime m8 I've only had it a week. I'm only running it via S-Video until my new dvd player turns up soon. I have added a Hoya FL-Day Filter tonight and watched Blade II:D
If you really need a Pro set up you will need to go else-were, but my offer is open to you;) and I'll make you a cuppa,

cheers Steve

Steve, your setup sounds like the kind of system I'd have at first. I now have to find time to come round. Like I said, I'll be at the show in Heathrow this weekend, and then I'm off to IBC in Amsterdam next week ( real projectors there! ). Hopefully after that we can work something out. I'm only over the river in Rotherhithe.

Mark.

Hi Rainfall,

I too am looking at buying a top class PJ soon. The AE100 certainly seems a good quality projector.

Is it possible to also view it in the not too distant future?

I'm going to be away soon and will be back towards the end of Sept.

I am from East London and would very much like to view it if possible! :)

Originally posted by torkus
Hi Rainfall,

I too am looking at buying a top class PJ soon. The AE100 certainly seems a good quality projector.

Is it possible to also view it in the not too distant future?

I'm going to be away soon and will be back towards the end of Sept.

I am from East London and would very much like to view it if possible! :)

Yes torkus its not a problem m8, just email me. I hope the blackout cloth I orderd from J.L's. last week arrives soon, I'm going to have a go at a DIY screen, at the moment all I have is the back of a curtain (cream) works great!

cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm now back from my short break!

Is it still on for a demo soon?

I was hoping this Sunday or whenever its ok with you.

Originally posted by torkus
Hi Steve,

I'm now back from my short break!

Is it still on for a demo soon?

I was hoping this Sunday or whenever its ok with you.

Yep thats OK with me, my flats a bit in the air at the moment just sold my Linn set up on E.bay and my new M.S.Premiere pack speakers are sitting on the boxs- no stands yet. I have done the screen and my new Tosh 520 P.S. should arrive today. If you mail me @ [email protected] I'll email you back my landline no,

cheers Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom