1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ae100 dead pixels

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tal2, Apr 18, 2003.

1. tal2

tal2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

Just got a AE100e from Techtronics and it has got 2 red and one green dead pixel

How do I stand ??

Is this under warrenty

How long do I have to report said pixels ??

I ve got a two year warrenty so .............................

Tal
    :( :(

2. dcullen302

dcullen302

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you get on to Techtronics, they'll probably get back to you with Panasonic's recommended dead pixel levels - if your amount of dead pixels falls within those levels there will probably be nothing considered wrong with your projector...

From the following URL (nexnix's dead pixel policy page):

http://www.shootandshow.co.uk/panasonic-deadpixel.htm

"Panasonic Spec for dropped pixels:

- Up to four blue is classed as acceptable anything over is replaced.
    - Up to one red is classed as acceptable anything over is replaced.
    - If you have one green it is unacceptable and will be replaced."

I'm not 100% sure if this only refers to the new AE300 or if it is Panasonic's policy on all their projectors - if it is, you may be able to get it replaced seeing as you have 2 reds out.

Check with Techtronics.

On another note, I've read some about people paying nexnix for a dead pixel check and was wondering what happens if, after nexnix check a projector and it's free of dead pixels, one or two pixels go after you get it - do nexnix claim to replace a projector even if any dead pixels amount to less than Panasonic's recommended levels?