1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by keelby1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Bit old school this I Know, but my AE100 cuts out after about 15 seconds. When I press the power on, it starts up, then the fan cuts out and about a second later it goes back into standby. It wont restart until I disconnect the power and obviously reconnect only for the same thing to happen.

Ive taken it to the local Panny dealership and they're saying its the air filter that needs changing. Ive tried to start it without the air filter and the same thing happens.

Anyone had similar expierences?
    Is it the dreaded psu problem?

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If lamp starts normally then shuts down, probally lamp(can't maintain arc), if lamp flickers and does not start then probally ballast module, but can be either/or, only by replacing lamp either confirmed, but be assured, its not the air filter clogged!

3. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've spoken to the panny dealership once again, and they cleaned the air filter, and tested it for over an hour with no problems.

They ordered a new filter for me (16p) but I dont expect it to solve the problem. It looks like it could be replacement time, bearing in mind there a second hand AE300 for sale at £400

4. Elite Dave

Elite Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the lamp ballast at fault which requires repair.

Dave