1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 and wall colours

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wolfe, Aug 21, 2002.

1. wolfe

wolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've had my AE100 for a few weeks now and have been very impressed with its performace in all respects....yes it could be quieter/louder/more black/less black....you know the story......but....before the AE100 was delivered I was wondering about screens, the Icestorm/MDF route was the only thing I could afford but I was loath to screw an 8x4 board to the wall....I suspect the WAF would be rather low:)
    As it happens the wall is pretty much the same colour as the darker of the two shades of lilac used on this site....may be a tad darker but not much.
    It occured to me whilst reading about the colour adjustments that others have made that, since the blue end of the spectrum is where LCD projectors are weak, having a blue biased wall colour may well help to correct this.
    Now I'm no expert but the colours that I'm getting from the AE100 against this coloured wall look absolutely stunning to me...I am wondering if my theory holds any water with all you experts out there in projectorland?

2. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya :)

I had my PT100 on a coloured wall too (kinda yellow) and i put it on a 'cold' setting thinking maybe that would even out the colour a bit.

It was still a great picture i thought on yellow! mind you i admit this was the first home projector i saw in action and i had no idea how good they were in this day and age, i was really impressed. I didnt even notice the yellow tinge :) until ............
    i put up a large sheet of white paper within the picture. Then i noticed the picture was very yellow compared to the part of the picture on the white paper.

So maybe if you get some white paper, and just fiddle with the colours - and if you decide you dont mind the slight pink tinge then paint it - if you can live with it then so be it. Personally i would just paint a screen as its cheap and make a little frame then put a curtain or wall rug or something over it while the screen is not in action.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do -

---------------------

Post brought to you by ..... PJ newbie

"Hey - has anyone used their projector outside on a wall"

---------------------

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    mmm, wall rug over screen patch when not in use. That could possibly be genius! (frantically writes it down)

4. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We're doing much the same, although I've buiilt a screen with velvet covered frame and blackout cloth painted Icestorm 5.4 (!) stretched on to the frame. We've got an old patterned throw that we're basically going to use as a curtain to pull across when not in use.

[​IMG]

5. Gojira

Gojira
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard

Very clever PJ mount. I have designed one out of Wickes wardrobe parts (!).

How deep have you put the screws? I worry about hitting a curcuit board inside!

6. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I put them in about 8mm. I actually added some nuts at that point and fixed them in place with some chemical metal, so I can't screw them in further. Just added a couple of pictures to the site, but here's a close up:
    [​IMG]