1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 and RGBHV

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lukej, Aug 18, 2003.

1. lukej

lukej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the panny accept RGBHV thru its vga input as i hope to buy one of these if it does.

thanks in advance,

lukej.

2. tvr

tvr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I would say that it is a reasonably safe bet!
    I had some VGA cables made up a while back, which had only the RGB and H&V sync wires connected, and they work fine. (Used with various LCD monitors and projectors, although not specifically the AE100)

Sure this doesn't help as you would want a definate yes/no answer, but as an aside, we also use VGA from a computer to a - RGB HV breakout box - then back to VGA D-sub connector into a projector/monitor. (This is so we can extend VGA down long runs of 75ohm video cable)

So as long as the proj/monitor gets its RGB HV (minimum) through it's d-sub connector I am sure you will be OK.

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    It won't work. Its not that the AE100 needs seperate syncs, in fact its happy with just one. The problem is the AE100 vga connector won't sync down to the horizonal sync of normal scart signals. The best interface to use is a scart to component converter which lektropacks also sell. However their prices are a complete rip off as the device in question is a low cost chinese made converter which should and could sell for less than £30 but they charge upwards of £75 for it. Unfortunately they have exclusive uk rights to it. I decided to cure my problem by getting a component lead for my gamecube and ps2 plus get myself a Toshiba 330 dvd player which is multiregion and has component out. Cost of all three about £103. Cost for the simple lektropacks adaptor is about £80 all in. So I paid out a bit more but then the results are much better and I don't have the feeling of being ripped off. I realise your probably planning to use it for a skybox or freeview in which case the lektropacks adaptor is your best bet. Keane Electronics do a better converter for a little more money and its bi-directional I believe.