1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 and positioning?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mandlebrot, Mar 14, 2003.

1. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just about ceiling mount my PJ and know that for height the PJ's image will project approx 10cm above the centre of the lens and with my distance it works out at 6.6cm.

My question is does the PJ project equally for left & right i.e.. do I position my PJ so that the lens is in the middle of my screen or do I have to make sure the middle of the PJ unit is in the middle of my screen? :confused:

The lens in the middle seems the logical one but the manual does not state anything about left/right positioning.

2. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Left and right are projected in equal proportions, so your projector will be bang in the middle horizontally.

Of course, doing the maths is all well and good, but you'll need to do a bit of trial and error with the PJ running to find where it looks best. Just be careful not to jolt it whilst its running hot, otherwise you may blow the bulb.

Good luck!