1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 and HCPC questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Anim, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi all

I finally bought a new pc and setup my old one as a HCPC.

Couple of questions.

Using powerstrip and the timings found on these boards i've managed to setup both 480 wide and 720 wide.

480 Wide is so crystal clear that it makes 720 look unusable. I get aliasing on desktop text in 720 WIDE whereas 480 WIDE is clear as day, is that expected in the higher resolution or is there some settings I need to play with to get the same clarity?

I use a Pinnacle PCTV Rave card (had to flash my bios to get rid of lots of green noise) which runs great now. DScaler works fine too. The only thing that I havent sussed out yet is how to capture as MPEG2 as it is greyed out in PC Vision. Is this a limit of the card or the software?

3. What filters and deinterlacing options to people use in DScaler for watching SKY tv?

4. Anybody know if I can get a digital output from a Sonicfury sound card into an Optical/Coaxal input on the Scan 6 speaker Amp.

Thanks all
    Anim

HCPC
    ====
    Athlon 1800 XP
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200
    512 MB Ram
    30 Gig HD
    Pinnacle PCTV Rave (TV Tuner)
    Sonic Fury 6ch sound card
    Broadband Connection via home lan (yea baby!!)

2. halephil

halephil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anim, I can answer a couple of your questions:

1. The panel in the AE100 is only 856x480 so any resolution other than that will require scaling by the projector and raise the chance of introducing artefacts
    2. The software shipped with the Rave card is a 'lite' version. The enhanced s/w that allows more choice in recording is shipped with PCTV and Pro versions of the card.
    3. I just leave things as default and get a great picture.
    4. I've no experience of that particular sound card but I'd expect there to be an option somewhere to enable any spdif port.

Cheers, Phil

3. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Thanks for the answers Phil, I understand things better now.

Anim