1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 and diagonal lines, help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mandlebrot, Mar 2, 2003.

1. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just become an AE100 owner and whilst watching through S-Video (connected directly form my Toshiba 220) I get fine diagonal lines sweeping across the screen please help.

I thought that this could be some form of electrical interference so I put ferrite rings on each end of cable but lines are still there. Does anyone else have the same problem or had the problem and managed to cure it?:confused: Please tell me its not a fault of the PJ.

I am going to get component leads when I can afford it but it will take me a few weeks to save up after just paying out for the PJ, hope component doesn't have the same problem.

Anyway S-video is the best connection I can afford at the moment and these diagonal lines are driving me mad:mad:, so any help would be appreciated.;)

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Your PJ is not faulty, its just the limitations of s-video, this is the reason I upgraded to a componant player, it really doe's make a differance.
    I found that the diagonal lines looked worse on strong colours, like Red. Try turning the sharpness down, I found this helped a small amount.

I purchased my Van Damme componant cable's from www.tmfsolutions.co.uk I payed about £45 for 10 metre cables, cheap but good quality. You have to email for a quote as they do not have online purchasing, they can be a bit slow though.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mandlebrot,

Just for an experiment - try hooking up to the AE100 component input using regular interconnects - you know, the standard red, white and yellow ones which came with the AE100 - provided you can place your DVD player close enough to the PJ. The picture via component is actually very rich - andI just tried with long interconnects just to see what its like - with proper component cables it should be fine.

All the best,

Sean G.

4. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thks to both of you for the info:) I feel a bit better now:D

Dam just checked out www.tmfsolutions.co.uk and they have put the 10 metre cable up to £54.26 plus delivery:(

5. mole

mole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Try Home Cinema series from www.lektropacks.com

10 m £33 + £3 delivery

Regards
    mole

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually fancy the Silverscreen version from them at £45, its not available for a few weeks which will give me time to save up for it;)

7. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Poorly shielded s-video cables suffer from interference which normally manifests itself in the form of diagonal lines right across the picture. Good quality ones don't.