1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ae100 and a decent cheap screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paulefox, Jun 18, 2003.

1. paulefox

paulefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I am really tempted by the panasonic projector at £599 but already have a large 36 inch TV on which the centre speaker sits
    I would really need a pull down screen which would go over the TV |I belive some can be used like this with a speaker behind it anyone know anything about them

2. Otto

Otto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi,

There are screens which allow the sound to pass through them. They come in 2 qualities: perforated and micro-perforated. The difference is the size of the holes and the price. The micro-perforated have smaller holes (and are more expensive), but have less of an effect on the projected-image quality.

The perforated screens have bigger holes and are generally not suiteable for HomeCinema, since the effect on the projected image. You need to sit a quite a distance.

Not matter how you look at it, with the set-up of your equipment, it's always a trade-off. Either you sacrifice some of the image (perforated screen) or you sacrifice more of the sound (regular screen).

If you go for the (micro)-perforated screens, I am not sure whether they would be available in a roll-down version.
    Da-Lite and Stewart would be the brands that would have this type of screen fabric though.

Regards,

otto