AE100 625p ?

robocop

Established Member
Reaction score
After spending what seemed an eternity on the Panasonic customer support (!) number, I was put through to tech helpdesk and assured that the AE100 does NOT accept a PAL progressive scan signal.
There has been quite a bit of talk on here regarding this, I recall someone saying that had seen 625p on their OSD.
You would think that what the guy from Panasonic said was correct; although he did come over as a rather unhelpful person.
I may be in the market for a PAL P/S DVD player in the near future and wonder if anyone can supply a definitive answer as to whether the AE100 can or cannot do 625p.

Panasonic do not even know their own products :rolleyes:
I had it working for a while with a crappy Lecson player which I no longer have.
You only get 625p from componant input, if you try to do it via the vga port it comes up svga.
Have a read here
There were some photo's of the AE100 menu showing 625p but I cannot find them now. :confused:

All we need now is a good low cost player to offer pal progressive.

It has been reorted you may have lipsinc problems with pal progressive with the AE100, I did slightly with the Lecson, and it has also been reported that the Denon 2800 suffers this problem with the AE100.
Read here

the panny does accept pal prog. i have a phillips Q50 hooked up to mine (from hivizone)

also i've never seen any problems with lipsinc

mick

yep, another yes for pal progressive here - saw it up and running at the mini-shootout some months back, using the imported phillips 962a (i think thats the model number)

looked stunning

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom