• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AE Writer 2.0 and Win7 64bit

brianwilson66

Standard Member
I'd really like to buy a Panasonic SD60 camcorder but i've read reviews that the HD Writer AE 2.0 software is not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. Can I get around this problem by simply copying the AVCHD .mts files directly to the hard drive via the SD card reader on the PC?
Also, if I burn the edited files to DVD-R in order to play them on a standard digital player will there be a real loss in quality? Thanks in advance for any advice.

den169

Standard Member
I have ae 2.6 and theres an update for that on Panasonics website to make it work with windows 7,Iv'e been using it on windows 7 64 bit.Might be worth a look on there.

Adama

Established Member
I've got a TM700 and HD Writer AE 2.1 - Works fine on Windows 7 64bit

brianwilson66

Standard Member
Many thanks for the replies. I'll order from Amazon on the strength of that. Could someone also advise the best class of SD card to go with the camcorder please?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom