1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE Evo 1 or MA Bronze B2?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kefka, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Kefka

Kefka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've had my Denon dm31 micro system for about half a yr now. I got them with the Mission speakers and i'm relatively happy with the sound. But recently i read that the dm31 is capable of driving better speakers such as the Acoustic Energy Evo 1s. Now i'm thinking of upgrading my speakers but i'd like to hear people's opinions first.

It seems like the Monitor Audio Bronze B2s are getting rave reviews and they're in the same price range as the Evos. Has anyone heard any of these two?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Kefka

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There are quite a few people who have had nice things to say about the Bronze B2 on the forum.

I heard them briefly at the Bristol show recently and they sounded quite good even though we had been listening to several speakers at £1,000 per pair prior to that.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bronze B2 have the edge over the Evo1 but the finish is much better on the evos.

4. Kefka

Kefka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any idea which one has better bass? It seems as if the AEs can go down to 38Hz whereas the MAs can go down to 45Hz.
    I'm basically going for the speakers which have the best sound quality and will also be a good match with my denon dm31.

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    definately the MAs for sound but i'd dem first anyway it really is a matter of taste.
    The MAs are more fun to listen to and can really rock whereas the Aes are still good at that but are better with vocals etc..
    It's a very close run race i don't think you could go wrong with either IMHO.