1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE Aelite Centre speaker problem ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by loadsofleads, May 24, 2005.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, anybody know if a centre speaker, in my case the Acoustic Energy Aelite speaker, can sound lop sided. I mean two speakers on each side of the speaker but when you go very close it sounds as if the left is slightly higher than the right. I don't think it's my imagination, the speaker is bi-wired with Supra's Rondo cable which is driven by the Pioneer AVX-10i. I understand most centre speakers are basically left and right speakers which have been designed to sit on it's side. Any ideas if this is a problem which can be solved :confused:

2. 2morex

2morex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a 2.5 design, that is why you hear a difference between the 2 110mm units. At listening distance this speaker blends wonderfully. All is well, relax and enjoy

3. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, what do you mean, one side is more powerful than the other ? The difference in negligible and I only realised there was a difference when I was checking it after installing some bi-wire cable. My face has to be right up on top of it. I guess many centre speakers are like this, it's a wonderful speaker, can't wait until I can get the rest of the set :smashin:

4. 2morex

2morex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The rest of the set is even better. I have the 2's along with the ctr and the integration and balance is superb. Match these with a quality subwoofer and decent stands and you are close to HT nirvana as you can get for the funds spent. I replaced nht towers with the AEs and have not regretted my decision, these are fantasic speakers! :rotfl: