1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae Aego 5 Mk Ii

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wyzecoms, Apr 19, 2005.

1. wyzecoms

wyzecoms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Newbie question. I'm in the process of setting up my new Aego 5 MkII's. However I have a noise problem with my Rear Left speaker. Basically there's a much louder "hissing" noise coming out of this speaker compared to any of the other speakers. If I take one of the other speakers, plus cable and connect it to the rear speaker plug on the back of the Sub I get the same problem. This "hissing" noise appears as soon as I turn the whole system on. It's always there even if I change the input device to CD or DVD it makes no difference. Any ideas? :lease:

Thanks

2. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

Have you got that speaker turns up compared to all the others in the speaker setup menu?

Regards

3. john<|>nhoj

john<|>nhoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it is just the speaker cable and speaker that you swapped, it could still be lead from the pre-amp bit to the amp in the sub. Swap the leads from the pre-amp so the rears are reversed.

If the same thing happens on the rear left as before it is in the active amp in the 2.1 part.

If the speakers have reversed and the hissing is now on the right... then it is either cables or the pre-amp.

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem...

PS are they any good ? Thinking of these for rears in my av system.

4. john<|>nhoj

john<|>nhoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0