1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE AEGIS EVO 3 - Av reciever match?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chrisnic00, Mar 18, 2005.

1. chrisnic00

chrisnic00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Bear with me, Im in the middle of my new PC which i want to link this to a new Hi-fi system that im making, as It will save me time buying seperate moinitor speakers.
    I currently listen to 100% of music on my PC and i use my DVD/Av 5.1 to play movies. I listen to music 80% - films 20%.
    I like the idea of 5.1 but it doesnt get enough use, so i was considering getting some AE AEGIS EVO 3s and using them as fronts and upgrading my system to 5.1 at a later date.
    I was wondering if
    1. Anyone could recommend me a AV Reciever 5/6.1 which can link to a computer via optical SPDIF in
    2. Work well with AE 3s in a stereo formation and 5.1 at a later date
    3. Be as cheap as possible as im a poor poor student
    4. Am i better off getting a stereo amp?

Off topic
    (5) Does anyone have any AE P5 MkII? Ive read some good reviews but wanted a users opinion on them (as they dont have any in my local superfi)

Thanks & sorry that was long winded
    Nico

2. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was in exactly the same position as you at the end of the summer, ended up going for the denon 1705 from unbeatable, was a bargain price. i ended up buying the centre as well since you need to get the same model for sound to pan perfectly.

if you are just buying the two main speakers i'd definitely consider a stereo amp... depends how soon you are looking to upgrade

hope it helps

3. chrisnic00

chrisnic00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for ur reply, I will hopefully upgrade by next year. How is the Denon treating you? I had bad run in a while back. What are your Evo3/denon like together? Also are the Evo3 worth getting over the Evo1s?
    Last question, is the NAD320Bee a good pairing for these Evo3 or will they over power it?
    Thanks again (sorry for all the questions)
    Nico
    P.s. Im also getting a 575, heard good things about it. Is it any good?

4. chrisnic00

chrisnic00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry one more thing, does your Denon 1705 connect via optical SPDIF?

5. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 1705 has two spdif inputs i think, maybe 3... works fine from the computer.
    not heard the evo1s but am a big fan of the evo3s, they look nicer and they go quite a bit lower
    the 575 is great, although some people complain of jaggy lines i've noticed it on one ntsc disc...
    i'm only hooking it up via scart at the moment, not component

no idea about the nad amp, expect it'd sound great though :p

6. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +228
    chrisnic00 - I use the Evo 3's with a NAD C320BEE and they are a prefect combination.