AE-700 with none prog scan dvd player

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Evil Desires, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Evil Desires

Evil Desires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Ive just bought a panny AE-700 and as its a prog scan pj does this mean if my dvd player is not the pj will convert the source into prog scan?

or am i best buying a prog scan dvd player for higher pic quality?

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it will "deinterlace" an interlaced signal as all fixed panel PJs display progressively scanned images.

Whether a progressive scan enabled DVD player will produce better results is down to the player & whether it deinterlaces better than the PJ's own deinterlacer.

:smoke:

......lot of deinterlacers in there.....:)

3. Tup

Tup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Actually, from what I have read on projector central...it looks like many projectors do better with an interlaced signal.

4. Evil Desires

Evil Desires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx for the replies guys looks like i'll be savein a few £££

5. jamesgrahamuk

jamesgrahamuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I have an early model of the Pioneer 757ai which has PAL progressive disabled (you have to pay £90 to Pioneer to get it enabled - bloody cheek!) and I am not sure if it will be worth it.

I would assume that the deinterlacer in the Pioneer DVD player would be better than in the Panasonic AE700 (which I'm still waiting for) - but how much better? Is it worth £90 and letting some engineer get his grubby paws on it?