Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AE 700 smeared Image?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by David_of_Surrey, Apr 2, 2005.

1. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm noticing a strange effect on the AE 700 which is like a smeared image with ghosting say 6 after images trailing at 3 inch spacing (84 inch screen) and what looks like a reduction of number of colours being displayed giving a embossed effect. At first I thought it was the sky signal being degraded but have also seen it on DVD. the identical effect. It normally happens in quite dark scenes and will go away when the scene changes to lighter.

it was quite noticeable..even a inexperienced visitor noticed it and asked if the film had been restored.

Sky is fed to the Proj by 10m scart and DVD is fed by 10m component so I dont think its the cables.

Anyone seen this or any ideas.

Dave

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My past experience tend towards cable termination problem, ie. the cable is reflecting the signal several times, just to confirm if cable issue (there are good and bad quality cables on the market), suggest try a short run cable, say 2 metre to confirm, and if OK, invest on hq cables

3. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This normally ocurrs after approx 1-2hours use, I'm guessing it might be a heat problem, I run on low lamp mode, I will check my run time to see how long its been used, havent cleaned filter since I got it!!
    Dave

4. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just cleaned the filter (an easy job) and checked the run time, this was a shock, I estimated I'd used it for approx 50hours (have had the proj for 10 weeks) but actually it was 131 hours . I first saw the smearing around 2-3 weeks ago. hopefully this has fixed it.
    Dave

5. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Have recently read on a us high definition av forums website a guy said his 700 was showing vertical bars in the picture at roughly the distance you discribe, he suggested after switching of and allowing the fan to stop, you should switch of the power on the rear of the projector.
    just installed the 700 myself. running a pioneer DV668 through HDMI over 5mtrs, pictures outstanding.

6. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    OK good news, since cleaning the filter I've not seen a re-occurance of the smeary cartoon effect. so be sure to clean your filter within the 100 hours.
    Dave