AE 700 Shutter mode

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dave 757, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Dave 757

Dave 757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    how long should one leave it in shutter mode, the book says a short time is this 10min or a couple of hours? I leave my projector on standby all the time ,is this the best thing for bulb life ? any advice in delaying the dreaded bulb replacement day welcome!!!!!

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Using shutter mode simply closes a shutter over the still on and working bulb, so I wouldn't recommend this for any length of time at all ( < 10 mins ) because you're still cranking up the hours on that bulb. Equally when the shutter is closed is there a greater chance of the lens enclosure heating up ????

General rule of thumb is, once you turn on the PJ make sure you're going to be using it for a couple of hours. Turning it on then off shortly afterwards is not good for the bulb. Equally once you turn the PJ off make sure its turned off for a good wee while as well because turning it on again ( say within the hour - confirmation anyone ?? ) in a short space of time stresses the bulb.

Most on here who have an AE700, myself included, hardly ever leave it in standby. The reason is most people tend to see Vertical Banding once they have done so and need to go into the settings to implement the flicker tweak. Actually turning the PJ off, after proper cool down period of course, reduce this dramatically.

Something to bear in mind

Regards
    KH

3. paulmcp2403

paulmcp2403

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I have VB and I leave it on standby - and i have the most up to date firmware...so how do I implement the flicker tweak ??

4. Dave 757

Dave 757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    had the 700 for three months, always on standby ,never seen VB,has worked perfectly straight out of the box,maybe they fixed the problem as this must have been one of the last made before the 900

5. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938