1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE-700 & Consoles

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamesgrahamuk, Nov 9, 2004.

1. jamesgrahamuk

jamesgrahamuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed something rather strange last night. Neither the GameCube or PS2 are outputting an image which entirely fits the panel, the image appears to be underscanned with black borders (though not as big as 4:3) at the sides and very slightly at the top and bottom. I watch a DVD or Freeview and the image is edge-to-edge perfect on my screen. I had tested the consoles very briefly last week and I am sure that on that occassion they 'fitted' perfectly.

Either the PJ's scaler is doing something very odd or the consoles are outputting this 'underscanned' image.

As a side note, working my way through my DVD collection I noticed that the Blade Runner DVD produces exactly the same effect. Strange.

2. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PS2 was like that from the get go - although it doesn't concern me. Due to the saved screen positions in various games I was able to see exactly how my projector compares to my TV, and it basically revealed I was never seeing the full extent of the image before (and it was pushed way over to the right!!)