ae-500 projector blue dots

cqsta

Standard Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out if my problem is fixable (e.g. dust) or not worth fixing (e.g. burned lcd panels)

yes the projector is 10 years old with 3000+ hours, but if a can of compressed air and some tinkering can get it fixed, then i'd rather do that for now

the blue dots are concentrated at the bottom of the image, in the centre...
from what i've read, it could be dust because when I:

- select flip image on the projector (ceiling mount), they stay there
- zoom in and out, they blur / and come in and out of focus
- press the menu option, the menu text is in front of the blue dots

will post a pic soon, does anyone have experience with this and have an opinion on whether i should try fixing? (compressed air is $25/can here, money i don't want to waste and would rather put towards a new projector)

trying to figure out if my problem is fixable (e.g. dust) or not worth fixing (e.g. burned lcd panels)

yes the projector is 10 years old with 3000+ hours, but if a can of compressed air and some tinkering can get it fixed, then i'd rather do that for now

the blue dots are concentrated at the bottom of the image, in the centre...
from what i've read, it could be dust because when I:

- select flip image on the projector (ceiling mount), they stay there
- zoom in and out, they blur / and come in and out of focus
- press the menu option, the menu text is in front of the blue dots

will post a pic soon, does anyone have experience with this and have an opinion on whether i should try fixing? (compressed air is $25/can here, money i don't want to waste and would rather put towards a new projector)

Could I see a picture of the problem please? As it will be dirt on the panels if the dots become more visible the more you go out of focus. As you say that the menu text goes over the blue dots it sounds like dirt in that regard. But there is a slight chance it could be a burn.

here are pics:

NB: It's just the bottom of the screen, the bright blue, that other haze isn't normally there, it was part of the movie or somehing. 2nd pic is zoomed in

2rml5co.jpg

zoe1yu.jpg

Ohh... yeah that's neither a burn or dirt. That's a faulty Blue LCD panel. I take it you aren't covered by warranty anymore?

Unfortunately the only thing you can do now is either replace the LCD panel or Replace the projector. I will message you with options :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom