1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE 500 or AE700 Confused.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by thfccambs, Nov 1, 2004.

1. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,147
    Well as im trying to sell my AE200 i thought i would order the new AE700.Now after reading a few threads about vertical banding problems with the ae700 im not so sure.Is there a big diffrence between the 500 and 700?A few people are saying it's seems to be a problem with a certain batch of ae700's,should i wait until the problem has been sorted?
    Im starting to think i might as well just order the ae500 and save a few £.
    Really confused now. :confused:

2. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just recently bought an AE700 after being wowed by my mates AE500. My mate first had an AE100, which was a nasty washed out image, and I was not at all impressed. Another mate bought a AE200 which I thought was not much better (same screen material,cables etc.). The problem I thought with these early Panny projectors were that they did not offer a solid picture, they did look light and weak. Then my mate who owned AE100 upgraded to the AE500 and I could not believe the difference! The cabling,screen etc. was exactly the same. So when the AE700 came out I bought one (after many hours reading the forums etc.) and I can tell you it is better than the AE500. The AE500's main (and only) problems were that there was no lens shift, and black levels were poor. These problems are now sorted and until the new D5 panels come out next year I can't see this machine being replaced. But the AE500 to AE700 is not as huge a leap in technology as the AE200 to AE500. Now the question is ??? do you need the lens shift?, how important are black levels to you?, and how tight is your budget?
    P.S. my mate just upgraged his AE500 to a AE700!!

3. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,147
    Deano,
    thanks for the reply,cash not much of an issue.I just want to make sure i get value for my cash.I am very happy with my ae200 picture so would probably be blown away by the ae500 or ae700.The only worry i have is the VB problem that afew people seem to be reporting at the moment with the ae700
    Looks like i will go for the ae700 and try to stop worrying for now..

4. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have no VB (well maybe if U really,really,really look at the worst possible scene), but my mate has on his AE700. My advise is buy the 700 from a very good retailer and explain your worries. My mate say Krish is amazing as they have very good at after sales care. Do the VB tweak if needed. If the VB is still unacceptable - send it back.

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,147
    Been in touch with Alistair at avsales, think i will be getting it from there.Excellent after sales.