ae 300 pixels

W

wolf636

hi guys,help me out here,when i pause my dvd i have noticed that the pixels in certain areas around the screen still look like there are moving, e.g flashing which makes the picture look like its alive, this is what i would describe as a noisy picture.is this normal with other peoples ae 300s.
i am a newbie so tell me if iam mad.

Hmm. I'm an AE300 newbie too, but when I pause a DVD the still is rock solid. Could it be your source and/or interference from source to PJ?

I'll have a look again this morning and post back if my paused picture is not as solid as I thought.

I believe that what you are seeing is video noise.
If I pause a DVD then I see the same thing that you describe ( I have an AE300 too).
However, If you hit the "freeze" button on the projector remote you will see that the pixels become static.

TBH though, I can only notice this if close up to the screen.

Regards

I've got a toshiba 220e hooked up to an ae500. I get the pixel movement when the settings of the dvd player output are set to video, but then it goes rock solid when set to RBG. Have a look whether the output from your dvd can be set to different formats.

Ian.

I take it back: there is definitely some "noise". Interesting to see how much disappears when I get my new "Mark Grant" component cable.

the dvd is set to rgb,and is been converted to component with a keene rgb2c jobby.to be honest i am not that impressed with the actual picture through the component,i prefer the picture from the scart lead(what an odd thing to say).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom