1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE 100 Vs HS1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by benji_m, Apr 15, 2002.

1. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I want to buy either the AE 100 panasonic or the HS1 Sony, I have seen the Sony working in room lit by bright sunlight and it was still watchable! Anybody directly compared the two? The AE100's are like golddust at the moment so I may get impatient and go for the Sony, but of course regret it later!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please post screenshots of the HS1 too?

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    personally I preferred the AE100. I found it had a much more watchable image. I found the HS1 a little tiring to watch.

But the HS1 was demoed in a dealer, and the AE100 was at home, so they weren't in exactly the same situation. Having said that :), the HS1 was in a light controlled room with proper screen, and I demoed the AE100 at home projecting onto some white card I had lying around. And it still looked better to me.

I'd try and see both in action though, because some people are very happy with their HS1s.