1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE 100: the case for an extended warranty

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SanPedro, Mar 10, 2003.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Like others on this forum I've had the dreaded PSU go on my PJ.

I mailed Panasonic's customer service with this comment
    See below:
    Serial problem with PT AE100 projector.
    I am writing in connection with an apparent psu problem on the above
    projector (mine included). it seems a large number of these projectors have had a blown power supply unit, according to a uk audio visual forum
    (www.avforums.co.uk). they have run a poll to discover how many forum members have experienced problems with this particular projector. from the number of posts received itseems there are a significant number. The point i would like to raise is the issue of warranty. it is all very well to have the psu repaired in the first year, but what about subsequent years. If this psu is known to be faulty, why should i and other owners have to pay to continually get this component repaired outside the initial one years warranty. i appreciate this could be an unforseen problem but it seems that the customer is being part of panasonics quality management process (without be paid for it!). I would appreciate some clarification on this matter and would ask if i am entitled to a ! refund or at least an extended warranty on this particular component.
    regards

THE REPLY?
    "You can buy an extended 3 year warranty"

Anybody else think this just isn't good enough given the amount problems suffered by owners on this forum alone. I've mailed them back to ask about an extended warranty on this component alone. And I suggested I get other owners to email them.

Anybody else interested in taking this further? Anybody had repeat problems with their PSU? Would be nice if panasonic would guarantee these components a little longer.

Chris

2. powlest

powlest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The extended warrenty is £170 from Panasonic direct out of interest, I'm thinking It may well be worth it :rolleyes:

From within the UK Tel: 08705-357357 From the Rep of Ireland Tel: 01289-8333 09:00-17:30 Mon-Fri
    (excl. UK Public Holidays).