1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE-100 tearing in SVGA

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Steve D Green, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Steve D Green

Steve D Green

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've just got my AE-100 after 2 months, and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed problems with SVGA 'tearing' along the top 10% of the image?

This only happens when playing PAL discs through the VGA output of a Nintaus 9769.

S-video is not affected, and neither are NTSC discs (which outputs a wide 480 signal)

I'm tempted to think it is the Nintaus, since it has other problems (like mpeg glitches), but I would just like to check with anyone who is using SVGA mode on their Panasonic.

Thanks,

Steve

2. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried connecting your DVD to your pc monitor to see if the same tearing occurs there?

3. Steve D Green

Steve D Green

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep,

it doesn't seem to do it, but it is a lot jerkier than the Nintaus (tearing aside), I think I need to fiddle with the refresh rates.

- Steve

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search for Nintaus & tearing.

I replied to someone with this exact problem a while back.

I had a Nintaus, & did have this also. Neither the PJ or DVD are faulty.

You need to perform an "Auto setup" on the PJ, if this doesn't fix it, manually adjust the clock phase & dot clock in the position menu on the PJ.

Also, make sure you haven't pushed the picture up, or especially down in the position menu.

This fixed it for me, & I believe the other person who asked.

5. Steve D Green

Steve D Green

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

that did the trick, now I just need to fix the mpeg glitches with the Nintaus...

Someone posted instructions for replacing the DVD drive on avsforum, but I'm tempted to go for a Xindak - it looks a bit sturdier, and will hopefully be more reliable than the Nintaus.

Cheers,

Steve