1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ae-100 Messiah?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by steroid, Jun 1, 2002.

1. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is the ae-100 and far below on the plains are everything else..............

I have an offer for a Mitsuibishi LVP-X50U (new model) for about 700 quid more than the ae-100. The Mitsuibihi is an XGA while the Panny I think is SVGA. Now when matched up:

1)Panny £700 less, Something I can invest on a good screen instead of the wall.

2) Mitsuibishi XGA.

3)Panny 16x9 panel.

Is the throw distance simmilar for both? The £700 is something I can afford if it really is better.

What do you guys suggest?

2. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was in the same boat m8.
    Opted for the panny and a fab electric true 16x9 screen.
    I am using the output of my Home cinema PC to power the Panny.
    It is absolutely fantastic.
    Try them both out though first....beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

3. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am India where the only companies are, Barco, Philips and Epson. Some importer had a Mitsuibishi and he came home to demo it. It was nice but the black bars were a tad distracting.

But no one has the Panny so if I choose the Panny it would be a blind decision based only on this forums opinion.

4. Panicsony

Panicsony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. At XGA, the Mitsubishi will have 1024 pixels wide and 768 high but on 16:9 you will only be using 572 pixels. so 1024 X 572 compared to 856 X 480 for the PT-AE100.

2. The PT AE 100 will probably have a much lower throw distance and be optimised for video whilst ths Mitsi will be data optimised.

If it were me I'd spend the 700 on a good screen.