AE 100 and HTPC route...Why?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Walter mitty, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I was just wondering......If I am to go down the HTPC route does it matter which projector I buy so much? I mean everyone is going for the Panny then going down the HTPC route, isn`t the picture as good on most PJ`s on this route. I rather like the Toshiba MT3 you see but changed my mind for the Panny however this is proving immpossible to purchase and it does have it`s faults too to worry about.................any thoughts from you guys?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    The only facets of the image that HTPC is going to make great are de-interlacing and scaling.

Black level, the ability to keep black level consistent in a high and low average picture level signal, contrast, total light output, pixel count and pitch between pixels (which is one of the things that makes screen door visible), primary colour accuracy, greyscale accuracy, noise, size, ability to position off axis, ability to resolve detail before aliasing.......these area few of the other things that an HTPC has no control over but that can make a fairly hefty difference to your enjoyment of the end result....

Gordon

3. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that Gordan I just can`t decide what to buy

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    Walter

Hang on a bit longer, Panasonic might eventually get round to making the AE100 reliable.
    Oh... I just woke up!