1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE-100 and hcpc- pal or ntsc??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pj, Apr 2, 2003.

1. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +351
    im just about to get a hcpc for my AE100 and was wondering if there is any preference toward pal or ntsc (technical or visual) as when i had it via vga on the nintaus player ntsc was the winner!
    just need to know before i start swapping all my ntsc's for pals or vice versa!
    thanks
    PJ

2. olaiho

olaiho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reason PAL VGA was inferior with the Nintaus, is because the Nintaus was outputting a peculiar resolution which the AE100 had to scale.

When you use a HCPC with the AE100, you will always use the same PC resolution(856x480 with special timings, see below). The resolution does not change when viewing NTSC/PAL.

There is no real difference between NTSC and PAL - the HCPC scales everything to the same resolution. PAL films are scaled downwards and lose 100 lines of vertical resolution.

In order to properly set up your HCPC for use with the AE100, you need to set up a special resolution, and calibrate the AE100 VGA input. Follow this guide (by Hoglet):AE100+HCPC

BR,
    Olaiho