Advise Wanted - I want to add remote control to my electric screen and lights

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by wookieman, Feb 9, 2009.

1. wookieman

wookieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I have an electric screen currently operated by a rocker switch on the wall, that you press & hold to raise or lower the screen. I also have a double wall dimmer working the ceiling lights.

I would like to convert the screen control to remote and the lights aswell, can you please suggest what equipment I need.

Ideally I want to press a button and the screen comes down and the lights dim, press another and the screen rolls up and the lights fade back up. I also need to be able to move the screen up and down without altering the lights (for variable masking of the screen)

The only possible problem I can think of is the dimmer for the lights is around the other side of the knock though wall from where I normally sit (it has to be there as that's where the door is :D )

I know this is off topic but any suggestions as to one programmable remote to operate the above as well as my projector, av amp, dvd player :thumbsup:

thanks

2. habrown

habrown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    you would need a scenesetting system that has an inbuilt relay to send the signal to the motor to trigger the screen to raise and lower, and a dimming solution for the lighting. i'm not sure if a graffik eye has a relay option as a channel output?!

3. wookieman

wookieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Been looking at Rako gear, i think the following will do what I want, opinions welcome....

1 of RACUB
    - twin relay to operate the screen
    £140

2 of RDL250C
    - in ceiling dimmer unit
    £79

1 of RCP07-W
    - 7 button keypad for lights
    £98

1 of RPS03-W
    - 3 button keypad for screen
    £129

RAVIR
    - ir to rf convertor
    £135

Grand Total = £660 + vat :eek:

I could loose the wall keypad for the screen and rely on the remote only but I do need the keypad for the lights, but that only drops the price to £531 + vat which is still bloody steep.

Help !!!! :lease:

4. habrown

habrown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hmmm... I think that is one of the only ways this can be acheived. Rako is also good equipment, so you shouldn't have too many issues. could be worth seeing if any other lighting controls manufacturers have anything to offer, but what you have picked is a good set up.