1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise requested re: one pair of speakers, but 2 amplifiers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sheks, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Sheks

Sheks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

I suspect the answer to this question is "no", but shall ask it anyway.

I have a denon 3802 receiver and a roksan kandy stereo amplifier. I use the roksan kandy for stereo replay (thro a pair of B&W 602S3's), when watching a DVD the denon 3802 is used with the pre-outs for the front stereo pair going thro the roksan - this set-up works fine.

However

when the wife wants to watch a DVD, she cannot get the hang of switching on both the denon and roksan, setting the input correctly for both amplifiers and setting the roksan volume to halfway.

So

I was wondering if it would be ok to connect the denon 3802 to the B&W's normally AND connect the roksan kandy amplifier to the B&W's at the same time. Then the wife would only need to switch on the denon and set the input for that (a simple macro on our remote control already does this). Obviously we would have to ensure that the roksan and denon do not get switched on at the same time. Or maybe it would be easier to purchase a speakers switch box and label it "DVD" and "CD".

Any suggestions / advise would be greatly appreciated.

Colin

PS - not sure which forum this thread would be best in (speakers or amplifiers), mods please move thread accordingly.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One word..

BANG! :)

Most likely blow the output's on one/both of the amps. Not recommended.

You need a two amplifier/one speaker switching box. Have a look at QED stuff.

Another alternative is two systems. A music system in one room (CD/DAC/Integrated amp/music speakers), and a AV system in another room (DVD/Processor/Poweramps/5 speakers & sub)

3. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you just train your wife better :lesson: :laugh: