Advise please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by greenastheycome, Apr 14, 2016.

1. greenastheycome

greenastheycome
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello, I've recently started to renovate a house and have been on the hunt for some bargain amps/speakers. Over the last months I've managed to purchase a sonos connect:amp and 2 x Kef CI200.3qt at a very reasonable price. Now I know via Kef that the speakers will operate with the amp however I really want to utilise the drop down motor function on them. Would anyone be able to advise if the sonos amp would act as a trigger to the motor when I press play on my sonos/Spotify app? If not could anyone advise on a solution? My apologies for my lack of knowledge!

2. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    The sonos won't act as a trigger and to get something to do it could be expensive

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,231
    You could use a current sensing trigger to 'sense' when the Sonos starts sending an audio signal to the Spks.

Polar Bear - PB-PSR

Joe

4. simonfr

simonfr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    You could have a Python script running on a Raspberry Pi Zero that detects, using the SoCo library, when music is playing on a specific zone (or set of zones). You could then use the Pi to trigger a 12V relay to lower/raise the speakers. All hypothetical and would require some research, but don't see why it wouldn't be possible.