• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advise please security camera without led.

Trebby 91

Novice Member
Hi, all.

Looking for a little help, I need a wifi security camera , as I understand it there are two types one uses led lights at night and the other is what I believe is called a day/night camera that does not use led lights for illumination.

I need a camera that does not produce any visible light at night as it will be mounted low down more or less at eye level.

All the cameras advertised say day night but they have leds in them.

Any advise?

Regards , Barry

outoftheknow

If you don’t want any vision at night turn off the IR as suggested. If you want night vision without the red glow see post number 7 in this other thread

Night vision cameras that don’t use IR do exist but are likely to be way out of budget for residential use.

D

Deleted member 24354

It is possible to use completely separate IR floodlights to illuminate an area for cameras that are in passive IR Mode

cpolley

Novice Member
Hi, all.

Looking for a little help, I need a wifi security camera , as I understand it there are two types one uses led lights at night and the other is what I believe is called a day/night camera that does not use led lights for illumination.

I need a camera that does not produce any visible light at night as it will be mounted low down more or less at eye level.

All the cameras advertised say day night but they have leds in them.

Any advise?

Regards , Barry
There are infra red cameras that illuminate in the Infrared spectrum that is not visible to the human eye as a red light. There more expensive. They do work because my cusomer had some thieves walk around under them assuming they where not working. Now they know better.

Hope this helps
Clint

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom