1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise please: JVC AV-28X4 or Panasonic PM11C

Discussion in 'TVs' started by leeds, Jan 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. leeds

leeds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been hunting for a 28" set to replace my sad 14" tv for some time now and have narrowed it down to these two. Would like some advise please. I went into currys and saw these two sets. The JVC seemed like a better one in terms of picture quality (brighter and clearer) and casing aesthetics.

- Both are 100Hz
    - JVC has digital comb filter. But does the panasonic?
    - Panasonic comes with a DVD player (DVD-S27) delivered at £340
    - JVC is TV only at £350

The reviews by Homecinema choice seem to favour the JVC over the panasonic.

Panasonic: http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/tvreview_194387.htm

JVC: http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/tvreview_184098.htm

However, I was going to place an order when the guys at digital direct and soundandvision said the panasonic was by far a superior set. ??? now me very very confused.

Been reading round the forums as well and both sets seem to be recommended. Anyone can give me feedback and advice regarding the best set? Many thanks in advance! :)

2. leeds

leeds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bumpy

3. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I tried the panasonic 32 pm1 and the Jvc 32 R47 at home. Of these two there was nothing between them. In the end I ultimately decided neither were good enough and ended up spending a bit more and getting the Toshiba 36ZP46, as not only was I getting a 36" tv but it was also far better picture and sound quality.