ADVISE PLEASE Denon 1940 or Pioneer dv600

dean83

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi i currently own pioneer 506xde plasma and am looking for upscaling dvd player narrowed down to 2 denon 1940 pioneer dv600 i know the denon is slightly more expensive but have read the forums and some people say they have lip sinc issues with the denon..does this only apply to the denon if your not using a denon amp (i have a denon amp)
thanks in advance dean:)

Those were the two I was looking at aswell. I went with the Denon as its a better picture quality.
I dont know of any lip sync issues and if there are any it will mostly due to the processing delay in the TV itself. The only issue I know of with the Denon is a compatability problem with some Samsung TVs when the Denon is set to upscale to 1080i or 1080p mode.

:) thanks for reply i had sort of decided on the denon will order one today seen on richersounds for £170.multiregion seems a fair price:smashin:

I was viewing Fifth Element (Superbit) reg 1 via a dvd 1940 into a bose lifestyle 38 yesterday and had terrible lip-sync problems so maybe this is not an isolated case.

hi sorry to hear that steviea i picked mine up tuesday from richer sounds set up yesterday and watched region 1 films and had no lip sync problems whatsoever have it hooked up to denon amp and pioneer plasma:)

hi, just replied on a similar 1940 thread.

ive got a denon 1940 to go with my panny th50pz70. the picture through hdmi looks superb (scaled up to max). listening to the sound through the tv is fine but if you listen through the amp (coaxial into a kenwood dolby digital amp) some disks have big lip sync probs. ive done a bit of research into this and it looks like its tough titty unless you have an amp which has some sort of delay type circuitry with it (or a denon one!) my old dvd player never gave me this grief, should have stayed with my cheapish philips.

how wrong was i ? your right m8 just watched a region 2 dvd and that suffered from lip sync seems to be hit and miss on which disks suffer and which dont! on the plus side the picture from the denon is excellent but carnt help wondering now if ide have been better getting the pioneer dv 600:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom