1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise on trunking cables please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by sefton, Nov 4, 2004.

1. sefton

sefton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a philips 30PF9975 LCD and I am looking to wall mount it and truncate :confused: the cables into the wall. The wall is not yet built which gives me the advantage of building something from scratch. All the cables will go into the wall and drop about 1 metre into a cabinet which houses my equipment.

Can anyne give me advice on how I would go about doing this in laymans terms! Obviously I must be able to remove and change the cables when needed.

I really would appreciate your help on this one! :lease:

ps the diagram (yes I did do it myself :blush: ) should clarify exactly what Im trying to acheive.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. admay

admay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If this is a new stud partition wall then you could consider using plastic drainpipe. This is easy to clip to the studs behind the plasterboard and plenty wide enough (4" diameter) to be able to easily change cables over that distance. However if it is a brick wall and plastered then you probably want something smaller.

Andrew