Advise on easy to play games for young kids

harry66

Cant decided between a Xbox 360 or PS3...

Whatever I buy I probably won't keep it for long (already have an Xbox and Wii that I don't use - only the kids use occasionally).

Just need to know if there any easy games kids can play on the PS3 - I get the feeling the PS3 is definitely aimed more at a mature audience.
I know there are many 3+ rating games but often these are not that easy to play for a 4-5yr old. e.g. I noticed Beautiful Katamari is reported as being quite hard.

My son currently enjoys Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Disney Cars and Super Monkey ball.

Can anyone recommend some similar easy to play kids games on the PS3?

Thanks!
PS have posted a similar question on Xbox 360 forum to get a balanced view.

humanfish

ModNation Racers - like Mario Kart but you can create your own courses, characters and karts and play or download others creations. Probably easy enough to play for a kid once they have played a few times. Good family game too.

YouTube - E3 `09. Mod Nation Racer Demo. "Play. Create. Share."

Little Big Planet - great game to play with kids as i am sure many people with kids might say too. Again, with this game you can create levels, customise your character and play the levels of other people.

YouTube - Little Big Planet E3 2008 : Developer Walkthrough

EyePet - watch the video, you'll get the idea lol
YouTube - EyePet Video Feature

There are many Playstation Network downloadable games as well like the Pixeljunk series of games, GTi Club (like the old arcade racer), Noby Noby Boy and classics like Lemmings. I haven't downloaded any of these so couldnt tell you of their suitability. Theres a few as you can see here :facepalm: lol
List of downloadable PlayStation 3 games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus with a PS3 you can watch Blu Rays if you have a HDTV, always good.

For info on children and games i have seen this website recommended before. Take a look at it and search fr info on games if you want.
http://www.whattheyplay.com/

Last edited:

harry66

Thanks - definitely leaning towards a PS3...Little Big Planet looks good.

Just going to think it over for a few days.

Cheers.

Side question - I fancy a racing game and noticed Gran Turismo 5 cost 3 times as much as the GT 5 Prologue - is it really worth the extra for a casual player?

Last edited:

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Thanks - definitely leaning towards a PS3...Little Big Planet looks good.

Just going to think it over for a few days.

Cheers.

Side question - I fancy a racing game and noticed Gran Turismo 5 cost 3 times as much as the GT 5 Prologue - is it really worth the extra for a casual player?
I bought NFS:Shift and GT5 Prologue at the same time when I bought my G25 wheel. Wish I hadn't bothered with GT5 Prologue, the graphics are dull and the game unexciting.

GT5 will be a lot better, and NFS:Shift was amazing! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom