1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise Needed ...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by 2funky, Jan 3, 2004.

1. 2funky

Standard Member

Jan 3, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hello All - excuse my little knowledge of AV Amps and speakers and hence the long post !! but I have just decided finally to invest in an AV amp and some surround sound speakers. Basically I have a 36inch W/S Sony TV and a Sony DVD player DVP/S725D. I'm now looking to buy an AV amp and some surround speakers. I love the look of the BOSE acoutimass speakers but have been advised against as a lot of people say you're just paying for the name.

I am looking for some speakers of similar size (2 front, 2 back, 1 centre and a sub). The bose I think are very pricy which is my other reason for not pursuing that line. I'd also like some advise on an amp, something which can handle 6.1 as I want something that will last. not decided on my budget yet prob about 1k. Here are some bits that I have been told to look at :

Mission M7s

Yamaha DSP-AX640SE Home Cinema Receiver - Titanium

Denon SCAVF100 5.1 Speaker Package

Pioneer VSX-C550 Slimline AV Receiver - Mirrored Silver

Any advise would really be appreciated.

oh and I'm looking for something that will allow me to enjoy good home cinema sound for movies as well as something that will sound good when playing normal music CD's.