1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise needed on Speakers/Amp Setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by aqureshi, Feb 28, 2002.

1. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just bought a Technics SA-DX1050 Receiver with 2 Eltax Silverstone 110 speakers which I am planning to use as front speakers. I was also going to buy another same pair(as they are 1/2 price in Currys) for my rears, but my brother has been kind to give me his spare speakers(Technics rated as 60w).Would they be OK if I use them for my rear speakers. If this is true then I only need to buy Centre speakers. Richer Sounds are selling Mission 70C1 at £50. Would that be OK as a Centre Speaker. My room is a normal bedroom size.

If my room was a square size, where do I need to mount these speakers.

Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Asad

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    In an ideal world all the speakers would be from the same manufacturer. If this isnt possible at the very least match the centre speaker to the front left & right.

You could probably get away with using the Mission but I would be inclined to find an Eltax centre.

The Technics speaker would probably be ok as surrounds but again I would try and get some Eltax speakers as well.

In a square room ideally you would have the TV in the centre of one wall with the left & right fronts either side of the TV, centre on top or below, and the rear surrounds placed just behind you and spread out left & right. And if possible slightly above head height.

Try and get the front speakers tweeters at your head level when in your seating position (if theyre floorstanders you cant really do much but if they are standmounters get some stands that bring them to the correct height).

hope this helps

cheers

3. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks much appreciated for the advise.
    I was going to use Eltax allround but being on a tight budget I will get Eltax centre and use Technics as Rear.

Cheers

Asad