1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise me on some headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by the_gaffer, May 10, 2005.

1. the_gaffer

the_gaffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I watch all my TV with headphones on.

My really comfy Philips ones have started to break (the earpiece is snapping off the "aliceband thing" so they don't "clamp down on my ears" anymore.

I have a Sky+ (V1) box connected to a Panasonic Dmr-E65 DVD recorder connected to a standard 4:3 Sony TV.

I need headphones that are comfy, reliable, closed, won't let sound out...or in and only have the wire on 1 side and won't make me deaf.

I've seen reviews of the Medusa 5.1, are they good for TV?
    If i'm watching 24 for example, will I hear it in 5.1 (bullets flying and stuff)?
    Can I connect it directly to the digital out (sp/dif?) of the Sky+ box? Are they any headphones that would let me do this?
    Can I remove the microphone as I don't need it?
    Does it need a power source at all times (could I use it with my portable MD when I'm out?)

Thanks

gaffer

2. the_gaffer

the_gaffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right,

I've been reading up on these...

Some say they are good. Some say they are bad...
    I'm not risking much at that price, so how would I connect them to my Sky+ Pace V1? I can't work it out in the manual I read on the manufacturer's website.

What about the Panasonic DMR-E65?

Are any TV shows on Sky in 5.1? 24 maybe? Is it really just a gimmick and I am better off getting a pair of good Sony's or are these really good for TV?

I've worked out that these connect straight into the Sky box/Dvd, would I have to mute the TV each time?

thanks

gaffer