Advise-Cheapo M/R Player Outputting True PAL

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by davidwatsonok, Nov 17, 2003.

1. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I'm chasing a cheapo supermarket DVD player with multiregion which outputs in proper PAL, even from R1. I am led to beleive that some of the budget machines do this to cater for people with older single format PAL TV's.

Can anyone recommend a specific brand/model/supplier for upto £100 ?

Cheers.

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get Richersounds to pricebeat amazon.co.uk's price for the toshiba sd-330e of £79.99 making it £69.99 at richersounds.

Rich

3. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    And will that output real PAL that can be sent to a PAL video, even from a R1 NTSC disc?

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    The 330 gives out PAL for PAL dvds and NTSC for NTSC dvds and thats it as far as I know. No colour conversion to pal 60hz and no full conversion of ntsc to pal 50hz. Many JVC models convert ntsc to pal 50hz and you have no option in the matter it doesn it automatically.

5. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What TV do you have? If you can't take an NTSC signal, you'll definatly need a new set. Even if you get a DVD player with pal-ntsc conversion the picture will look awful, especially on cheapy players.

Rich

6. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    The TV isn't the problem, I have a Sony KV32FQ75 and a Pioneer 656A. I would like to be able to transfer R1 DVD's to VHS as I can with R2's, and I was led to believe by some other discussions I read on here that some of the cheapo Chinese players sold in supermarkets converted to true PAL to accomodate people with older tellys. The 656 can output in PAL60 from NTSC, but a video recorder needs PAL50 (I think?)