1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise about expensive lamps

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dooz, Jan 22, 2005.

1. dooz

dooz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Philips cBright XG2 which is about 2.5 years old, has about 100 hours left on the lamp and is in mint condition. I have been pricing up a new lamp and the cheapest I can find is about £450. It occured to me last night that I might just be better off buying a new projector (one with cheaper lamps maybe :) ) since I have found a few 1200 lumen XGA projectors for around £800. Specs wise at least they would be an exact replacement.

I am a bit loathed to sell my current projector though as it is in perfect condition and obviously still has a lot of life in it. Since I will have to shell out a good portion of the cost of a new projector anyway the economics seem to say it would be better to just replace it. What would I be likely to get for my current projector (it has all the cables, remote, carry case and even the original box)? What would you do?

Many thanks for your advice.